deadline-day banner

Wacker Burghausen Game on the 2nd April

Mar 25, 2011 - 9:21 AM hours
Hi,

I am travelling to Munich on a stag do over the weekend 1st-4th April, as a part of the weekend and something else to do, we are planning on travelling down to watch the Unterhaching-Wacker Burghausen match on the 2nd at 1400.

I know that we have to get off the train at Fasanenpark and walk to the stadium, but I am unsure as to what time we should leave Munich to get there?

We are staying just next to Hauptbahnhof Central station, and we would like to get there in good enough time to have a couple of drinks before Kick-off, I believe there is an italian restaurant nearby/next to the stadium or even a beer garden?

Also, the group I am travelling has 15 people in it, I have heard that the Südtribüne is the best stand to be in, will we all easily get into that stand?

I did read on another thread that at some games they beer in the stadium is low alcohol, do you know if this will be the case for the Wacker Burghausen game?

ANd finally, I think, Due to the majority of us being big football fans, I am wondering if the club shop is open on matchdays as a few, myself included are interested in purchasing some football tops and any other memorabilia?

Any help/feedback is greatfully appreciated.

Scott, Aberdeen Fan
Wacker Burghausen Game on the 2nd April |#1
Mar 25, 2011 - 1:01 PM hours
Hi there,

good choice to watch the Burghausen game, as there's some rivalry between the supporters (well, at least some bavarian small-town rivalry...). Could possibly be more exciting than most other matches at the Sportpark...

The train takes about 20 minutes from the Central Station to Fasanenpark, the stadium is about a 15 minute-walk from the station (go to http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html for a journey planner). Calculate 45 mins to get there, add the time you need for your beers. There's a beer garden right next to the stadium, great place if the weather is fine. If not, head for the Italian restaurant right next to the beer garden.

Shouldn't be a problem at all to get into the Südtribüne, the stand hasn't been sold out for ages.

The club is usually open before and after the game.

Hope you'll enjoy your time in Munich!

riquie (Partick Thistle & Haching-Supporter)
Wacker Burghausen Game on the 2nd April |#2
Mar 25, 2011 - 8:34 PM hours
I live next to the central station, and I usually leave at ten past one, to be at the stadium at 13.40. s-bahn-trains leave the central station (from the underground station) every twenty minutes towards holzkirchen/unterhaching. so, maybe taking a train at about quarter to twelve might be good a idea, to have time for a couple of beers, and maybe for a quick look into the shop. the latter, anyway, is open after the game aswell, as riquie said.

and the beer should have the reasonable amount of about 5% of alcohol - it's only light (or alcohol-free, don't know, actually) when it's "high risk games", as declared by munich's police. this is usually only the case when it comes to eastern-german clubs playing in unterhaching, as dresden, rostock or jena.

enjoy the trip! (and any support is highly welcomed, especially against burghausen. ;))

•     •     •

27.10.2015: Marinovic - Dombrowka, Winkler, Welzmüller, Bauer - Taffertshofer, Rosenzweig (46. Nicu) - Steinherr (86. Reisner), Sieghart, Piller (64. Marseiler) - Einsiedler
Wacker Burghausen Game on the 2nd April |#3
Mar 26, 2011 - 1:54 PM hours
Quote from Bardisio:
Thanks for the informations guys.

We should be easy to spot, 14 Scot's :D and 1 english :o !!!

Scott

Haha, one english is very important ;)

Are the english people in Scottland like the prussians in Bavaria?! They are everywhere, but nobody want them? :p
  Post options
Do you really want to delete the complete thread?

Moderator options
Do you really want to delete this post?
  Alert this entry
  Alert this entry
  Alert this entry
  Bookmark
  Subscribed threads
  Entry worth reading
  Entry worth reading
  Entry worth reading
  Post options
Use the thread search if you want to move this thread to a different thread. Click on create thread if you want to turn this post into a stand-alone thread.